Friday, June 17, 2011

Vintage Strawberry Shortcake Party Galore

Finally got around to posting pictures of Emma Caroline's 4th Birthday party that was jam packed with sweets, friends, family and fun.


This dessert table that was capable of satisfying any ones sweet tooth for the day.  I loved all the pink and green.


This might be the cutest cake I have ever laid eyes on and something that you would certainly find in Berry Town.


Close up of all the sweets and all our little vintage friends.  Just look at sweet little Huckleberry Finn sitting there barefooted, he reminded me of the good ole days.


Our infamous candy bar and the number FOUR could be seen plastered everywhere.  We were able to locate some super YUMMY strawberry candy too.


I have wanted this big Strawberry party cake forever, so I finally broke down and bought it for our celebration.


Berry picking baskets filled with all sorts of goodies for our favorite friends (candy, lip gloss, crayons, coloring books, rice krispie treats, strawberry cookies and so much more).


I found the perfect book for Emma, Freckleface Strawberry that went right along with our party theme.   Cutest little story about a red headed girl with freckles, just like mine.


The mantle all decked out with a re purposed Happy Birthday sign and lots of vintage SS decor.


We fed our guest pizza, hot dogs, cheese, fruit, vegetables, nachos, chips and all the sweets one could desire.


These little crates were filled with strawberry and grapes topped with a birthday sign for all to enjoy.


We are ready to sing Happy Birthday and cut into the yummy cake, even though I did not want it to get all messed up.


I will never forget that Emma got so embarrassed during the birthday song that she started spitting on the cake to get the candles to go out.  At one point she started crying and buried her head in my chest.  I think this is the first and only time I have ever seen her be shy or embarrassed.


Emma and her two best friends from school, Gracie and Hannah Claire.  She was so super excited that they came to the party that she was super silly.


Opening all her gifts and enjoying the party guest.  It was so super hot outside that the kids could barely endure the heat.


Who does not love a cupcake, especially when they are pink and green?  They were so good, Sam's has the best cupcakes ever and they are so cheap.


Pink milk can make any little girl smile and mine was smiling from ear to ear all day long.


My two very best friends as in shock as I am that the little girl I longed for all my life is already turning FOUR!


Outside was decorated like a strawberry garden and the number four signs everywhere.  We also had a tent set up for the kiddos to paint and decorate a flower pot.  After they decorated their pot they were able to plant their very own strawberry seeds.


Cassi was sweet enough to let us borrow her jump house for the day.  The little kids loved it and had so much fun.


I loved this sweet hat that our photographer/grandmother by choice made for Emma.  It matched her outfit and party them perfectly.


Of course it would not have been complete without our very own miniature Strawberry pies made by Mommy.


Our little girl loves a pinata and she insist on having one at every party (ha ha).  The only problem is, she gets upset if anyone bust it besides her.  Silly girl!


Finally time for Piper to meet her new Mommy and come out of that silly Bamboletta box she has been living in for the last couple weeks.  How cute are their matching outfits, thanks to my favorite little sewing friend that lives far away.

All in all it was one of the SWEETEST little celebrations I have been a part of and I am so happy my FOUR year old had a great day.  I just wonder what she will pick for next year?

No comments: