Saturday, June 28, 2008

Blessed and Singing


Emma will begin going to a little Methodist School towards the end of August. She will only be attending on Tuesday and Thursday from 8-12 and then she will be with Mrs. Jenny (our Angel sent from Heaven)...well she refuses to be called a baby sitter. We have truly been so blessed to have this family in our lives. I work with Kevin at school and Jenny is a SAHM/Domestic Engineer and a great one at that. They have two wonderful children, Tori and David (Day Day) that Emma absolutely adores and they feel the same way about her. We can not Thank them enough for welcoming Emma into their home and making her feel like one of them. I guess you really know that your child is happy when they cry not to come home with you. My hats off to Jenny for loving and caring for Emma like she is one of her own.
The HOTY and I have agreed that we would give the school a 4 week trial run before we decided if it was the right place for the "itty bitty". They don't know this and hopefully will not find out...there is a heck of a waiting list to get in...I put Emma on it when I was 7 months pregnant and I think we only got in because of Mrs. Jenny's reputation at the school. Kinda felt like we were applying to Rice. However, I am already a little sad about it...I asked the HOTY today when he got home, "Uh, what will Emma do in the mornings when she normally takes naps?" There is no nap time there in the mornings. Uh-Oh...guess we will figure all that out when we go to Parent Orientation.
I am NOT just rambling...there is a method to my madness...I have been thinking that I wanted to make up a little song that Curtis and I could sing to Emma everyday when she was left at school or Mrs. Jenny's that would follow her through the years. If you know me very well, you know that I am constantly singing songs to the "itty bitty"..songs from the Radio...songs I learned in VBS... folk songs my 85 year old Papa sang to me... but my favorite songs are the ones I make up and add my own words too. Yes, I can see us singing this to her when she is a Senior too. It goes a little something like this.... we will sing it to the tune of "the Farmer and the Dell"....
Have a great day, Have a great day
Use all your manners and have a great day
Yes Ma'am, No Sir, Thank You and Please
Mommy & Daddy said use all of these
We love you Emma & Jesus does too
We don't love anyone as much as you
So, Have a great Day, Have a great Day
Make us proud and have a great day!
I called the HOTY at work today to let him know that the song was complete, guess we will have some singing lessons around here this weekend. I am hoping Emma will love it. Oh, there is a patent pending...so all you Mommy's out there...watch it!

1 comment: