Friday, May 24, 2013

Gavin's Last Day of Pre K 3

Little man finished up his last day of school at MDO two weeks before Emma.  This little boy had the best year of school ever.  He was so loved by his teachers and they were wonderful with him and his personality.  Gavin will be returning to the same MDO program for PreK 4 this year and we are looking forward to watching him learn and get prepared for Kindergarten in 2014. 
Last Day of PreK 3, it was water day (big fun).  Gavin started the year as a three year old and ended at 4 years and 2 months old.
What a huge difference we saw in Gavin Thomas the last 9 months in PreK 3.  He is such a smart little guy and has an unbelievable imagination to go along with it.  We are so grateful for this amazing MDO program that fosters creativity, imagination, unit planning, hands on activities and individualized instruction 90% of the time he is there (the other 10% is discovery play).

Gavin Thomas, you were such a big boy this year and we are so PROUD of you and your accomplishments this year.  

Friday, May 17, 2013

Super Kids Day Kindergarten 2013

Kindergarten is just weeks away from coming to an end, but not until Super Kids Day!  Emma was so excited about this day, but was not looking forward to wearing a T-shirt and leaving her cowboy boots behind.

This child and her fashion desire drives me plum crazy some mornings.  She truly believes that tennis shoes and T-shirts are for BOYS and it is a fight to get her to wear either one.  She finally agreed when I told her I would put bows on the shirt and make it girly (her Daddy likes to remind me that I have created the monster!).

Emma's best buddy this school year was Ellie and we loved hearing a different story everyday about what they did at school.
The day was so organized, fun and offered so much for the kids to do.  They were required to have their cards stamped at 10 booths before getting a snow cone, great idea.
Emma, Ellie and Riley are always giving each other big hugs.  I am so glad that Emma's friends are as affectionate as she is and don't mind all the hand holding and hugs.

As a working Mom I am so thankful that I get to participate in all the extra things my kids are involved in at school. I have always had understanding Principals that just say, "Go" and because of that I did not miss a thing at Gavin or Emma's school this year.  Blessed!

A good old fashion sack race for Emma and Ellie.  These girls fell down in this sack a couple times and they would just roll around laughing on the ground.  Emma's teacher came up to me as she was playing football with the boys and said, "I love that she is such a girly girl, but she will get out here and sweat too.  She always loves to play sports with the boys, but she usually does it in her cowboy boots."

This little girl has had an amazing KINDERGARTEN year filled with so much learning, growth, school pride and friendships.  The entire experience has been a blessing this year!

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Blessed Beyond Measure!
Amazing that I can wrap my arms around my entire world daily. God is good and I have more than I ever dreamed of in this life.