Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pink Cupcakes & Blue Faith

Today has been a great day...actually one of my favorite things to do with the HOTY and the "itty bitty" is to have lunch and just hang out in the Village with my 2 favorite people. Yes, the HOTY is a trooper and he enjoys these days as much as I do...Gosh, I am so thankful for blind dates! We left the house pretty early with a list of "things to do"... and we made the day of it. Our first stop was at Pottery Barn Kids to look at some beds for Emma, so we could start planning ahead before Baby # 2 arrives. If you know us very well, you know it takes us months of research and pros/cons t-charts before we buy anything. While in PBK we always let Emma play with the kitchen/stove/refrigerator set & she loves it. I do not know who wants it more...Mommy or Emma. It is the cutest little thing I have ever seen and I know she would cook us up some "pinkalicous" meals with it. The HOTY is not quite convinced yet, but a few more visits and I think he might be.

Next, we ventured to Janie and Jack to pick up the cutest little denim gauchos and shirt they just got in for Miss Priss...did I mention this is one of my TOP 5 favorite places to shop for the "itty bitty". While we were there I decided to pick up a couple little outfits for Baby Peyton (Marla and Dwain's Baby Girl that will be here in about 8 weeks) ~ we are so excited for both of them. Curtis and I decided to step out on FAITH and we picked up the following outfit for Baby #2 and yes, it is BLUE! Just simple, but oh so sweet. Both of us really just want a healthy baby and that is all we say to people when they ask, however deep down inside we would both be thrilled if it were a boy for many reasons...#1 being the Frazier name will carry on. Yep, Curtis is the last Frazier...so the pressure is on.

We did a little more shopping and then we headed to Sugarbaby's which is a little Cupcake Boutique. I have been wanting to go there for a while, so today was the day. It is a cute little shop with Cupcakes and shakers full of sprinkles, so you can decorate them to your liking. We each got a cupcake and nestled into a cozy little table to eat the sweet treat. Emma had a hard time picking out exactly which one she wanted...

She decided to go with the Pink one with the Pink Icing...good choice kiddo...I think she might be a girly girl.

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy...you be the judge, do you think she liked it? The HOTY got a Black Forest with pink icing & chocolate shell and I got Red Velvet with Cream Cheese icing. When it was all said and done, the HOTY looked at me and said, "uh, I think our cupcakes are better than that". He was so right too, but you could have never convinced our daughter of that.

One last Emma story before I go. We have been talking to Emma about the new baby and telling her that she is going to be a BIG Sister. We always ask her where the baby is and she points to my stomach and gives it a hug and a kiss. Soon after she woke up this morning we were talking to her and I asked her, "Emma, where is the baby"... she looked at me and pointed to her Daddy's belly and gave it loving. Of course we were laughing hysterically... who knows...the baby might be in Beamer's belly tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time! :-) Sorry I couldn't meet ya'll but thanks for the invite...I feel so special! I love how you not only speak things into your life but take it a step further! :-) Ya'll are awesome! Love you much! :-)

monelle said...

What a great family day! I love the way you tell a story :)

Darla DiStefano said...

A cupcake store...who would have thought! What a great day! We are home and tired. :-) Have to catch up on all the Frazier happenings!