Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Pirate Boy

"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." ~ Dr. Suess
 
 
This is probably my favorite picture from his 3 year old photo shoot and just sums up who is in a nutshell.

One of the things I love most about this amazing little boy is his ability to dream, imagine, tell a story, pretend and live life.  He is such a great story teller that he has his sister asking, "Mom, is Will really a person?" (when Will is his imaginary friend).  Sunday morning he woke up telling us that he rode a dragon to a fishing hole and spent time with his Grandfather.  He loves to tell us about his trips to outer space, his visits with his grandfather (that lives in heaven), sailing the seas with his pirate friends searching for gold and about the monsters that come to life at night when all the rest of the world is fast asleep.  I love to listen, I take in every word he says, I ask questions and MOST of all I encourage him to keep dreaming. 

I am blown away daily at his ability to role play and be so creative with his 3 year old mind, it is interesting, it is different, it is fun to observe and it is GAVIN THOMAS.   He is a dreamer, he is a leader, he is a creator, he is strong willed, he is smart, he is witty, he is hilarious, he is mischievous, he is active, he is wild and HE IS MY SON. 
 
This kid NEVER meets a stranger and is the first one to extend his hand and say, "Hi, my name is Gavin."  I love hearing him say it.   Last week when our Nanny picked him up from MDO he saw  a little boy with his Mom and shouted, "Wow, you have a really cool Mom."   His vocabulary increases daily and his new favorite words are, cool & actually.
 
I loving walking in the door after work and hearing his little feet run across the kitchen screaming, "Mooooommmmmmmaaaaa!"  He usually jumps up in my arms and squeezes my neck super hard, lays his head on my shoulder, says I love you and then wiggles his way back down to the floor and is off to play again.
 
...there is nothing like the love a little boy!

No comments: