Sunday, November 11, 2012

Emma got her ears pierced!

Today was the day that our sweet little girl decided she wanted to get her ears pierced.  She has been talking about this since August and weighing the pros and cons, she is so our child.   Back in August she asked me to take her to the store so she could talk to the people about getting her ears pierced.  We went Claire's and she listened while the lady explained and showed her the entire process, then she said, "I will be back when I am ready."   She has talked about it several times since then, but TODAY was the DAY!

 

We decided early on that we would let Emma decide when she was ready for earrings.  We chose not to do it when she was a baby (our personal decision) and that we would let her do it when she asked and was ready.  We wanted it to be about her, not us and I am so glad we waited.  I learned long ago that you have to do what works for your family, so no offense to those who have done it differently than us.

 
Today after church we went to lunch and to run a few errands.  Emma asked me if I would see if there were two ladies working today at Claire's because she wanted to get her ears pierced, but she wanted them done at the same time.  Today was her lucky day, there were two very sweet ladies working and willing to pierce her cute little ears.

 
She climbed up in the chair and was super excited.  It took about 45 minutes to get things signed, sterile and ready.  Of course Daddy gave the final okay on the purple dots and they had to be corrected a couple time to get his approval. We were not allowed to take pictures during the process and all I had was my phone, so the quality of these pictures is not great.
 
 
After the ladies got situated, Emma requested that Daddy hold her hands and I stood in front watching.  She was so brave and really did not cry through the process.  After it was over with I could tell that she wanted to cry, so I said, "Did it hurt baby? It is okay to cry."  As soon as I got those words out she started crying for about 30 seconds and that was it.  Daddy hugged and kissed her and told her how beautiful she looked and after that she was a happy girl.  


To say she is PROUD is an understatement.  She loves her new earrings and feels so sassy with them.   She has talked about them all day long and even helped me turn and clean them tonight.  They really look so cute on her, however it made me a little sad because she looks like a big girl.

No comments: