Sunday, June 30, 2013

My BOY...

I love summer and I love being able to spend all day, everyday with my kiddos.   I love hearing a certain pair of feet slapping the tile floor every morning as a certain little boy RUNS to my room to jump into bed with me.  I love how he crawls up, lays on top of me and half asleep whispers, "good morning Mommy!"  I purposely lay in bed after I am wide awake just waiting on him,  it is such a sweet little time.
 

Look at those little eyes on that ball, I don't think I can ever get enough of him or his sweet little face.  Yes, we made him play with a plastic ball and foam bat in the backyard to avoid replacing all the windows on the back of our house.

 
You might understand a little better after seeing this picture why we will not let him play with a metal bat and ball in the yard, the boy is a natural.

 
Oh I've been dreaming of the day I can be a BASEBALL Mom and I think that day is near.  We actually signed this boy up this past fall, but he just was not interested. Sometimes it is a little hard for him to focus, gets that from his Momma (of course). 

 
Who knows, we might even have a catcher on our hands. Yep, I am his Mommy but geez this boy is so cute!

 
You know you can't get enough of your kids when you take pictures of the back of them and think they are so cute, well I am "that" Mom (don't judge!)

 
Go Gavin go, no way your big sister is going to get you out when you run like that boy!

 
Not my best photography skills, but I loved this one too and I love the little boy in it even more.

 
Believe it or not there are a few minutes of everyday when he gets tuckered out, but it is not too often.  I really wished I could convey through my words what life with this little dude is like, it is nonstop constantly but it is something you can't understand unless you spend an afternoon at our house (doesn't even take an entire day, ha!)  My body reminds me at the end of everyday that my 41 year old self works overtime to keep up with this 4 year old (in a good way of course). 


Every single day I thank God for blessing me with Gavin Thomas and I can not imagine my life without him. He has taught me so much about life, being a parent and unconditional love.  He reminds me daily that Parenting Isn't For Cowards and that God is going to use all of his energy, imagination and aggressiveness in a MIGHTY way one day.   I love this little boy more than I ever dreamed possible and I will always be his biggest fan!

No comments: