Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rough Night...

Last night was a VERY rough night, but tonight has proven to be much better. Thank you Jesus for the power of prayer because that is what carried us through. Our "little man" screamed at the top of his lungs for about 5 1/2 hours straight. He was very uncomfortable and was experiencing lots of stomach issues. I finally figured out that it was the roast, carrots and potatoes my sweet MIL had prepared for us when we arrived home from the hospital. Needless to say, I have eaten nothing but sandwiches today and am willing to live off that for the next month or so to avoid another night like last. When I say it was rough, I mean ROUGH! We finally got in bed and asleep at around 4AM and slept for about 2 hours and we have been up ever since. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining... I thanked God all night for my healthy baby and the fact that he was home in the arms of Mommy & Daddy.

Today has been a great day... he has been so peaceful and rested all day long. Poor little guy is so hoarse from crying so much last night and we feel awful for him. I am watching his Daddy rock him right now and I must say, that is one sweet sight. I love the Daddy that Curtis has been to Emma and oh, it is just as sweet to watch him with Gavin. God blessed me ten fold with an amazing husband and a wonderful Daddy for my sweet babies.


As for the Big Sister...she is something else right now. Let me just tell you that she is very amazed by Gavin and keeps talking about my belly. I think she is fully aware that he has left my belly and is now here to stay. I am not certain that she would not be for him crawling right back into my belly and just staying there for a while longer. She is jealous, confused and full of life these days. I will have to share some of those stories with you a little later.
However, she likes to tell us that Gavin eats "boodie"... she is not too sure about the whole nursing thing either and yes, she calls it "boodie" opposed to boobie. I wonder what they will think at MDO when she returns saying that?
Please continue to lift us up in prayer as we continue to adjust to being the Frazier Four.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm close, I can help if you need anything. I can go to the store, do whatever/get anything you need. Just hollar at me.

MiMi said...

I was so excited to see an update from you, but I am so sorry to hear that you had such a rough night. I am glad that everything is going better and that you have figured out what foods you may have to avoid as long as Gavin is eating "boodie"! lol

Laura Ann, Gavin is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for you and your precious family and rejoice with you in the fact that he is such a healthy baby boy.

I will continue to pray for you and your family as you adjust to this precious gift from God!

Love you, sweet friend,
Emilie

tara said...

So glad to hear things are looking up! Gavin is just darling!
When our son Greyson was born, I was a nanny for a little girl who was almost 3. She was a bit confused too when I nursed, she asked me one day if his milk was "chocolate or strawberry?" I could barely keep a straight face! LOL! take care!