Sunday, November 23, 2008

...Her Royal Throne

We ventured out today and got the witty "Itty Bitty" a potty. There had been talks of this for a couple weeks now, but I really thought we would wait till Gavin was born before we even introduced the potty. Emma has been telling us for a couple weeks now when her diaper is dirty, so we thought we would give it a shot & not worry about it if she was not ready. When we got home from shopping it was nap time, so Emma went to sleep for a couple hours while the HOTY unveiled the pretty little potty. He came out of the bathroom with the empty box and said, "the Princess now has her throne".
So tonight at bath time, I decided to introduce Emma to the potty. I sat down in the floor in front of it and she came over and very attentively listened as I explained, this was her potty and from now on when she had to go potty she needed to tell Mommy and we would let her go in there instead of using her diaper. We were getting ready to take a bath, so I took all her clothes off and invited her to have a seat. Being the outgoing child that she is, she got right on it and sat down and just kept saying, "potty, potty, potty". Within 2 minutes she had used her potty and she was yelling for Daddy to come and see. She was so proud of herself. Her Daddy came running in and gave her a sticker, of course we told her good job and how proud we were of her.

It did not stop there, we had to call everyone in the family to celebrate and share the great news.

I wish you could have all seen exactly how PROUD she was of herself. I just kept hugging her, telling her she was a big girl and I was so PROUD to be her Mommy.

Yes, we even had to give the potty a hug too. We will have to make sure she knows she can not do this when we are out in public, YUCK!
As we were getting Emma ready for night night time and changing her into her sleep diaper, I took her in the bathroom to let her try again. Keep in mind this was only about 1 1/2 hours after she had gone previously. I took her pajama bottoms and diaper off and she attempted to get on again, only backwards this time. We got her turned around the right way and Daddy and I sat there and talked to her for less than 2 minutes and she went again. Needless to say, we had lots to celebrate today.
Yes, our 17 month old was introduced to her potty for the 1st time today and utilized it twice. We are so proud of her and what a big girl she has become. Her Daddy kept telling her, "you are going to be able to teach your Baby Brother how to do all kinds of things". You continue to amaze us daily, baby girl!


11 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

YIPEE!!!! At least she's getting a good start... I'm sure there is still a long way to go... but sounds like she's getting it!

And the picture of her hugging the potty & her hands in the air... that is precious!!!

And look how cute they make potty training potties now!!! I want a big pink, flowered toilet in my house!!!!

Melissa said...

That is great! Keep up the good work Emma!!!!

Miz Jean said...

Oh my goodness! That is really awesome! I got a potty for Reagan (2 years old) and all she wanted to do was play with it. No potty interest here. Phooey!

MiMi said...

Miss Emma should be VERY proud of herself! She is going to be an awesome big sister!

Those pictures are absolutely precious! I especially love the one of the "potty hug"! Too cute!

Lianna Knight said...

Yeah for Emma...she is so SMART :) I wonder where she gets that from????

Leah said...

That is too cute! She is a big girl for taking to her throne so quickly. ;o)

Danielle said...

Yay!! Way to go Emma. It's looking like she will be an easy one to train. My advice, now that she's doing it...Don't stop. Keep it consistant for her. I love that potty chair too. Keep up the good work. You will love not having to change two diapers.

Danielle said...

You've been tagged....See my blog!

amy (metz) walker said...

Yea for the potty! Definitely agree she shouldn't do that in the public restrooms! Ha!

Kristy said...

Hi! I found your blog off of Lianna's and I love it! Your little girl is precious! I have a 3 y-o and an 18 month old and are TRYING to get her to love the potty. FOr some reason she loves it with Nana and not Mommy. (??)
=)

muellerfamokc said...

I stumbled on your blog from Danielle's. I have a 16mo old little boy who keeps telling us "I poo poo." I have been wondering if its time to get out the potty!
We certianly hope we have the same excitment as you have!