Monday, August 17, 2009

Big Day for Emma

Today was a VERY big day for our little girl. It was her 1st day back at Mother's Day Out and she was so excited. She has been telling us for 4 days, "I am so excited to go back to Emma's school."

I would love to tell you that she kept this grin on her face the entire time, but when it was time for her Daddy to leave she began crying. She will be going on MWF (9-12) this year and we are looking forward to all she will learn.

Her Daddy and Mrs. Jenny took her to school today. I was sad I could not be there, but I have accepted a new job and today was our teachers first day back too.
We also started Gymnastics today and it was so much fun. It is a Mom & Tot class for 2 year olds. It was the cutest thing ever. Emma participated in everything and did such an awesome job. Here she is warming up and stretching.

Here she is setting up for her front roll. I think she will have this down by next week. She came home and wanted to do her "nastics" on our bed.

Stand up, hands up, hands flat, tuck head and roll, she was bound and determined she was going to do it by herself before the end of class.

So out of focus, but I loved this picture of her on the balance beam. Just look at her little face concentrating so hard.


She was willing to try everything and I was so proud of her. There are 7 of them in her class and they are all oh, so cute! Brookie is in class with us, so it was great to see her and Cassi tonight. Brookie is one of Emma's favorite little friends. I am sure her Mommy will be posting pictures soon.

We MUST get rid of that diaper that is hanging out of her leotard. It drove me crazy this evening, but it did not appear to slow her down at all.

What a great way to end a long day...with a sticker on your nose. The little things mean the most to this little girl and she was so proud of those stickers from her new gymnastics teacher. Just think about what she would do for a tic tac Darla!

14 comments:

Hollye said...

Emma always looks so cute. I can not send Kennedy to school in her "good clothes" because we get MESSY at school and Kennedy is the queen of messes. I can't tell you how many outfits were ruined in the beginning. Now, we have "school clothes" and "everyday clothes". With the school clothes, I don't care if she goes to school with a paint stain on her shorts because before the end of the day, she will either have another paint stain, markers or ground in dirt that will not come out. When the outfit gets too bad, I just throw it away. And usually get her school clothes at Children's Place or Carters, so I don't feel so bad just throwing them out because I didn't spend too much money on them!

Darla DiStefano said...

Laura, Laura, Laura...do not send Emma to gymnastics with bows in her hair, lol! Girl, try doing a forward roll with bows in your hair...just try it!

Lianna Knight said...

Oh my goodness...pure sweetness! You KNOW I am all over the gymnastic pics....and you are so right, the balance beam is SO SO precious!!!

Jill said...

Awww -- so many sweet memories! Love that one on the balance beam, too!

Rebecca Jo said...

OH MY WORD... those "nastic" pictures are the cutest thing EVER!!!!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness...she is the cutest gymnist I have ever seen. I agree...love the photo of her on the balance beam. What a doll! I cannot believe that it is tiem for her to go back to school. Time has flown by this summer. Cannot wait to hear how your new job is going.

Adventures on the Farm said...

Laura-
She is absolutely precious and I LOVE the gym photos. Cant wait to hear all about everything going on in yalls little world....ADORABLE family

Unknown said...

I WANT HER! But the diaper booty....girl please! I also am loving the bows! --Court Traina

Unknown said...

I WANT HER! But the diaper booty....girl please! I also am loving the bows! --Court Traina

Brandi said...

What a cutie patootie!! Love the school outfit (Matilda Jane, I think) and I love the gymnastics pics. Precious!!!

monelle said...

Girl - She's the next Shawn Johnson! She is all into it!

Whitney said...

My daughter wore bows at gymnastics too! :)

Anonymous said...

Your little girl always look so cute and has the best outfits! I was wondering what is she going to be for Halloween this year? I know it will be cute!-Sara

Kristie said...

How adorable! She is just precious!