Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vacation Overload

It has been forever since I posted, but I knew I could not get back to blogging without documenting the memories of our 1st vacation as the Frazier Four.

The Great Wolf Lodge was wonderful and I recommend this to anyone with children. It was a blast and there is something for everyone.

Emma's favorite part was Story time that took place every morning and every evening. The children would gather around the big tree, often in their pajamas and watch the animated show. It was the same show every time, but Emma insisted that we watch it every time it came on. I could have recited it by the time we left and sang all the songs that went along with it.

Daddy and Emma playing a little ski ball. Emma got up on the alley at one point to try and stick her balls in the holes. I remember doing the same thing when I was little.

This bear was outside the Sweet Shop in the resort and they had some YUMMY stuff.

Daddy and Emma playing in the log cabin that Little Tike's specifically designed for the Great Wolf Lodge. She loved it.

They had a spa called Scoops for the little girls to get pedicures and manicures. We wanted to have Emma's toenails painted, but they would not just do that. It had to be the whole works or nothing. I refused to let them file down on my 2 year old. Needless to say, we went to Target and bought our own nail polish and Mommy did it instead. This was the first time Emma got to have her toenails painted. Fun, Fun, Fun. Oh, she also begged her Daddy to let her paint his (ha ha).

Our little man was such a trooper the entire trip ~ he just enjoyed the ride, never once complaining.

Okay, I am not one for posting pictures of myself and especially not in a swimsuit, but this is one of the ONLY pictures of all 4 of us. The water park was all indoors, so it was perfect for us since Gavin was only 4 months old.

Aunt Debbie, Uncle Wayne and Kaiden came and joined us one day while we were there. Kaiden loved the water slides and we had so much FUN playing with him.

Emma and Cousin Kaiden playing with one of the water toys. I am certain they were probably trying to get Aunt Debbie wet.

Kaiden loved trying to get me wet too. We played so hard in the water that I think I just passed out from exhaustion at the end of the day. Boys go non stop, I am going to have to get in shape before Gavin gets this age.
Daddy and Emma playing Whack a Shark. Emma thought it was so funny to see her Daddy doing this and Mommy did too.
Emma loved spending time with Kaiden and could not keep her hands off of him. She talked about him for days after we returned home.
This double stroller is the BEST investment we have made since having Gavin. I can not tell you how many people asked us if they were twins. Uh, I know he is big...but come on.
The resort had a place called Cub Club where the little ones could do all kinds of arts and crafts. Emma chose to paint a turtle bank and it turned out so cute. We really enjoyed watching her paint the little turtle.
This was Emma's 2nd favorite thing at the GWL. She would beg and beg to go back to the Ice Cream Truck. Funny thing was, she did not want it to move. We put tokens in it at one point and she did not like it at all.

Gavin just enjoyed being pushed in the stroller and watching his sister have a good time.

After 4 days we packed up and went to the Westin Galleria, so we could go to the American Doll Store and the Dallas World Aquarium. I had to get this shot. Notice all the luggage on the cart? That is all ours. Oh my, I was so thankful we did not travel anywhere by plane after seeing everything we had to bring along.
Enjoying breakfast at the American Girl Bistro. I bet my child is the first one who has ever brought her dog-dog and her American Girl Baby to the store. Sometimes as a Mommy, I have to pick my battles and leaving dog-dog behind is not a battle I ever choose to fight.
Yes, she is still obsessed with dogs and made sure that he got his own strawberry muffin.
This store was unbelievable. Curtis just kept saying, "I don't know who likes it more, you or Emma" and he was so right. It was the best place ever and this Mommy and Baby Girl were so in love with everything in this place.
Emma in front of all the yearly dolls. They are all so cute and sweet. I can not wait till Emma is big enough to get one of the big girl dolls. Right now she just has one of the Itty Bitty Babies.

Yes, they even have a hair salon where you can bring your dolls to get their hair redone or have their ears pierced. This little lady was working styling hair both days that we went into the store.

Mommy and Emma on one of the little sofas at the store. We could buy the whole place if Daddy would let us.

Is this little doll bed not the cutest thing? So cute that Emma wanted to get in it.
We did not get many pictures of ourselves at the Dallas World Aquarium, only of the animals and I did not figure I would include those. However, we did get some awesome picture of the penguins that we plan to frame and put in the kids bathroom that we are in the process of redecorating.
All in all, it was a great little getaway for us and I am so glad that we chose to stay in Texas. Emma really enjoyed herself and Gavin was such a trooper. We have a journal that we keep after vacations where we each record our 3 favorite things from the trip, so I will share Emma's & Gavin's with you.
Emma's top 3 were:
  • Story time at the animated clock
  • Playing in the Ice Cream Truck
  • American Girl Doll Store

Gavin's top 3 were:

  • Sleeping in the bed with his Mommy
  • Heated pool at the water park
  • Watching Emma

My favorite part of vacation was spending uninterrupted time with my sweet little family. It was so nice to get away without the hustle and bustle of our daily routine.

4 comments:

Deidra said...

Glad to see that you had a wonderful time on vaction. Can't wait until Kennedy Grace is old enough to go the the American Girl Store.

Brandi said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. The pics are so cute of the kids.. precious!! We are taking the family back to GW on Wednesday. WOOHOO!!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Love all the pictures... it looks like it was a fun time by all!!!!

That little pedicure seat for little girls is precious... but yeah - having to do the whole "works" - they should just allow fun stuff for these kids!! I'm sure she loved mommy painting those toes better anyways...

Totally laughed at your husband in that log cabin! :) The persuations of a cute little girl!

Bamawhitney said...

Wow, that looks like an awesome trip!!!!