Tuesday, November 30, 2010

ICE

One of the main reasons we choose to go on our little Christmas getaway is the ICE exhibit they have every year, which is still one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life.


Last years theme was The Grinch and we expected it to be there for 2 years, so we were thrilled when we found out it would be A Charlie Brown Christmas.  When we found out we booked immediately and went and got a Charlie Brown video, so the kiddos would be knowledgeable of the entire Peanuts Gang.


This was the entrance as we went into the tent.   This piece was not ICE, however 95% of everything in the exhibit is all ice that has been hand carved by Chinese artisans.


My two favorite guys all suited up and ready to go in.  The temperature remains at a steady 9 degrees in order to preserve the work and the sculptures.


I could not resist this picture of my sweet little girl waiting in line to get her parka and so excited about going in to see Charlie Brown.


It  is so difficult to get pictures of us as a family when we travel, but so thankful that we did get this one as we entered ICE.


Loving this wreath and the fact that me and the kiddos were able to peak through it at Daddy while he captured this memory for us.  The temperature was so cold that we had to keep sticking the camera in our parkas underneath our arm to keep it from freezing up.


Look at my little Eskimo all bundled up and standing in front of her favorite girl, Lucy.  She really wanted Lucy to be wearing a PINK dress, that's my girl.


This picture was a must, partly because my sweet husband always tells me I need professional help and the other because of my background in counseling.


I sure wanted to crawl through Snoopy's house, but just could not swing it with a 20 month old on my hip in a size 4 parka when he should have been wearing a size 2.  Emma enjoyed walking through Snoopy's doghouse and this was one of our favorite scenes in the ICE exhibit.


At last, Charlie Brown and Snoopy so excited about their beautiful Christmas tree.  All the other Peanuts stood around them in excitement too.


My little man that I love so much all bundled up in his hat and mittens.  He was mesmerized by all the lights and the decorations.  He was quite the little trooper on this trip.  One of the things I am so thankful for is that both of my kids travel well.  They have been doing it since they were weeks old and it sure makes things alot more enjoyable.  Gavin was extremely brave on this trip and I can not wait to document what a BIG BOY he was. 

We had such a great time and have decided last year that this would be an annual trip for us to kick off the Christmas Season.  We talked with some folks at the resort before we left that said next years theme might be Sponge Bob or Alice in Wonderland.  We are hoping that it will be Alice in Wonderland & look forward to booking our trip next year. 

We have been tossing around the idea of spending next Christmas at Disney, but are not quite sure if the kiddos are old enough or we are brave enough.  This Daddy & Mommy are beyond ready to introduce our amazing babies to the Happiest Place on Earth.

No comments: