Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's a HAPPY day!

It is a constant battle every morning before MDO trying to get my baby girl dressed.  She gets her mind set on wearing something and if it does not work out exactly as she has planned she is not a happy camper.   I decided to surprise her this morning when I woke her up when I leaned down to rub her back and tell her good morning.  I whispered in her ear, "Guess what?  You can wear anything you want today baby girl, shoes and all."  She shot up out of the bed with the biggest grin on her face and took off running towards the closet.    I knew what she would rip off the hanger first and she did not disappoint me. 


Her neapolitan ice cream dress, hand me down sparkly twinkle toe shoes that are too big (compliments of Brook), pink bows with blue polka dots and demanded that her hair be in long braids.  Now that is an outfit Emma Lou and you did not have to think twice about what you would wear today.   You kept telling me over and over again, "It's a HAPPY day Mommy, It's a HAPPY day!" 


Little Man on the other hand, he shoots out of the bed and goes straight for the tree.  Not sure if he is pondering which ornament he can break next or just listening to the music on the ones that do something special.

This morning finds me grateful for THE FRAZIER FOUR!  I am so thankful that God has given me my sweet little family and I have the holidays to celebrate with them.  Life would be so different without each one of them. 

1 comment:

Darla DiStefano said...

u done good Emma Lu! You should let her do that more often...she looks adorable! :-)