Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I love this BOY!

As a child I always dreamed of having a pet dolphin, flying with the fairies, living with Daddy Warbucks while being best friends with Annie and following the yellow brick road.   I never imagined I would have my very own action figure living in my home, but this little boy thinks he is Buzz Lightyear and I love it! 

First of all he walks no where, instead he chooses to RUN everywhere he goes.  He usually has Buzz in his hands and he is flying him around the house, sound effects and all or he is tossing him in the air while Lotso is trying to get him.  It is truly hilarious to watch him line all these little figurines up and act out Toy Story.  He is pretty good at recreating the scenes of the movie, talking in character and adding his own sound effects.   Last night he had Jesse and Woody smashing them together screaming,  "I da cowgirl and I da cowboy, yee-haw!" 


I hated to leave this behind this morning as I headed off to my office for the day.  My very own little Buzz watching Toy Story III with all his little friends surrounding him.  When I say he loves this movie and all these little guys, I mean he loves them. Oh how I wish my Daddy could have seen this boy on this side of heaven.

If I had to lay bets on it today odds are these might just accompany my little man to college (not really).  However, I do not know that I will ever be able to part with them as the memories and love Gavin has for them will always hold a special place in my heart.  I love you and all your special little friends Gavin Thomas Frazier.  Never stop dreaming Son!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Aww, Laura Ann! What a nice comment you left! Thank you for your prayers. They are much needed and so appreciated by my family and me. I won't lie- this move has been one of the hardest things I've ever done (next to labor and delivery with no epidural! Ha!), but my faith and testimony are growing as a result, and for that, I'm thrilled. It is so nice to know I have friends in the bloggy world! Thanks for the encouragement!

Kim said...

Your post made my cry, cause I was thinking of our Jack-Jack. He is 3 1/2 and has had the same LOVE for Buzz and all of the Toy Story world for the past 2 years now. Aaron and I have talked several times about how we will not be able to part with these toys; we will HAVE to save them for our grandkids one day. You are such a great mom, Laura. I love reading about your heart for your kids; your great love is so evident.