Saturday, October 25, 2008

I hope he is still a BOY!

I sure hope we do not get any surprises when we have our next ultrasound. I have heard of this happening to people and it did not concern me until after we ordered our bedding today. We returned to the same little "hot spot" where we got Emma's bedding today and met with a designer to get Gavin's room started. After a couple of hours, looking at thousands of fabrics & tossing around ideas, we finally found something that we are very excited about. We picked out 4 beautiful fabrics and the type of bedding we liked and then looked at accessories. All of the bedding is being made, so I don't look for us to have that for about 8-10 weeks. We are totally okay with that, because we would like to keep the "itty bitty" in her baby bed until February 1st. It feels good to have colors & a theme picked out, now we can get started on crown molding and paint.

We purchased the following 4 pictures today that are so cute and they are hanging by different shades of really pretty ribbon.




We also purchased this rug for his bedroom which looks great with all of the fabrics we chose.

I had to have this little nursing pillow that looked so cute with all of the other stuff we picked out.

Of course, every little boy needs a soft blanket...so we got this one trimmed in ivory, the blues did not match all the way.

So, our nursery colors will be desert sand, burnt orange, heritage brick, forest moss and jamaican sea. The bedding will have stripes, giraffe print, solid, linen fabric and the bumper will be the boxed style with cording. I can not wait to see it. We were really pleased with Emma's, so I am hoping we will be as satisfied with Gavin's. Oh, we also had his initials monogrammed on the inside bumper and there will be big buttons on the outside.

We actually bought some paint today and a large canvas that we are going to let the "big sister" finger paint. Yes, I mean take all her clothes off, give her the paint and let her do it all by herself. That will make for some great pictures and blogging material. After she is finished, we will take it to a lady and have her put Gavin's name on it in very large dark brown letters for one of the walls.

We plan to use the same rocker and ottoman we used in Emma's nursery that is brown and corded in green. All that we are lacking now is a lamp, picture frames and some little decorative stuff. I ordered extra fabric to have the curtain and diaper genie cover made. Let me not forget the 5 foot giraffe I found and fell in love with today. He was a little pricey, so we are going to search for him somewhere that is a little less expensive. I think he will be so sweet at the foot of the crib with his long neck looking down at Baby Gavin.

The fun has begun...I can not wait to see the final product and share it with all of you.

11 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

How exciting!! The nursery sounds like it is going to be so CUTE!

And I just noticed the sonogram pic of Gavin on your sidebar...can't wait to see more!

Darla DiStefano said...

yeah, yeah, yeah! Animals! I still wish it was farm animals but I can live with safari animals, lol! Can't wait to see everything!

monelle said...

It will be an awesome nursery! I can't wait to see the finished room!

MiMi said...

OMG ---I LOVE all the stuff that you picked out! You really thought of everything!

I love the idea of Miss Emma doing some finger painting and that should DEFINITELY be some good blogging material!

It sounds like it will all be perfect, just like that precious little boy! Can't wait to see pics of your finished nursery.

Jennifer said...

The nursery is going to be precious. I know Gavin will enjoy learning and growing in there! I cannot wait to see pictures of Emma's finger painting. It will be such a sweet touch to add to his nursery.

Jessica said...

Oh my heavens... that bedding sounds delicious!! : ) Meeting with a designer is so much fun!

Rebecca Jo said...

They make the most stylish baby stuff now!!!! It's all great!

The Allens said...

Oh that's great! I really can't wait to see pictures!

Melissa said...

That sounds so precious! I love the color scheme so much. I cannot wait to see it all put together!!!! He will be here before we know it. Our little angels will have a playmate that is their age and size!!! ;0)

Kelly said...

I LOVE everything you picked out!!!!! It is going to be so cute - I can't wait to see pics!!!

Rebekah said...

It sounds so cute! I can't wait to see pics of it all coming together! I love the finger painting idea!