Friday, October 10, 2008

Itty Bitty's Nursery

I am so glad that Kelly decided to do this and I have really enjoyed looking at everyone's Nurseries...they are all beautiful. Here is Emma Caroline's Nursery and yes, it is my favorite room in the house.

We are expecting the 4th Frazier in March, so Emma will be getting a big girl room soon. She will be 20 months old when the baby is born and we do not want to have 2 cribs...so she is getting a room makeover in January.

We had these letters done by Pink Taffy Designs to match the bedding and they matched perfect. I just sent them some fabric samples and we were so pleased when they arrived.

Our crib which we just fell in love with the minute we laid eyes on it. We knew this was the one...we had looked at furniture for months.

Dresser/Changing table, I must confess...I have NEVER changed a diaper on this. We set up a make shift nursery in our bedroom for the 1st 6 months of her life, because she slept in a cradle. Out of habit, I just continued changing her on our bed.

Top part of the dresser, which I use to sit stuff around.

Shelf that hangs above dresser/changing table...where I place all of her trinkets.

We had this curtain made out of leftover fabric from our bedding.

This is my very favorite item in her nursery. This rocking chair was my Nanny's and her Grandfather made it and gave it to her on her 1st Birthday and she kept it for all of those years. She left it to me when she passed away. This little chair is over 86 years old and it is BEAUTIFUL.

Diaper Genie & Cover that matches the bedding...Nope, I have NEVER used this either.

This is a family tree that hangs on the wall above a book shelf. I have pictures of Emma's cousins on this tree and a few of her too.

A cross with her name on it hangs on the wall by the window.

This little sign hangs above her closet door & her Daddy just loves it.

Yes, the Angels did dance the day she was born. This hangs over her door and it reminds daily of what a miracle and blessing she really is...sweet girl!

Pillow with her initials monogrammed on it.

Closer up view of her bedding.
We have several pictures of her hanging in her room, sorry the glare is really bad. This one was actually taken at the hospital after she was born. We took this matte to the hospital and had all our visitors sign it in a pink sharpie that matched her room.

And last, here is my rocker and ottoman that has never left our master bedroom. We ordered this in brown with the green piping, so it would work in our 2nd nursery also. Remember me saying that we set up a makeshift nursery in our room. It is still there and we use it daily and it is so convenient. We have a shelf that sits right beside this rocker that holds, diapers, blankets, wipes and all sort of things that we have used in the last 15 1/2 months. This just worked out great for us with me nursing, because I would just sit in our room and nurse and the HOTY would wake up with me and keep me company. We also changed her in here, opposed to having to go to the other side of the house and do it every time. It worked out so well that this will be the plan for the 4th Frazier too.

I am sure you noticed the "itty bitty's" room is very pink with 18 inch polka dots all over the walls. The HOTY painted this room and then went to Lowes and had them mix the same paint at 75% where it appears to be a glaze, very subtle polka dots all over the walls. It took forever because he wanted them to turn out perfect and he did a great job. I can not wait to see what he does in the 4th Frazier's Nursery.

Hope you enjoyed my Nursery tour.


8 comments:

phillips phamily said...

Beautiful polka dots! You have gorgeous bedding; I love it!

Martha said...

That bedding is gorgeous!

Danielle said...

I LOVE Itty Bitt's room.. It's beautiful. I love the giaper genie cover, very good idea. It's been so fun looking at everyone's nursery.

MiMi said...

LOVE IT! Emma's room is absolutely gorgeous!

The Williams' said...

This is my favorite little girl bedding I have ever seen! LOVE IT!!!!

The Allens said...

I love the crib!

Rebekah said...

I love the dots and the bedding! SO sweet! I also want a chair like that. Did you buy it or have it custom covered?

The Savvy Mama said...

Emma's nursery is adorable! I love the color scheme, and the little details show all the love that was put into her room. We're expecting baby #3 in March, and I'm loving these nursery tours for all the inspiration! Thank you for sharing.