Friday, October 17, 2008

Mommy & her Son

I have been told by many that there is no relationship sweeter than the one that exist between a Mommy and her Son. Need I tell you that I am so thrilled that I am a Mommy to a baby boy and a beautiful little girl. Yesterday was one of the best days ever for us and we had so many reasons to celebrate. First and foremost, little Gavin is healthy and perfect...what more could we ask for, right? Then to know that we have been blessed with a boy & girl, that is the best of both worlds ~ our family is complete. Yes, we will remain a family of 4, no less, no more and we could not be more excited. I don't think I slept much at all last night, it is all I could think about...I went to sleep thinking about it, woke up thinking about it, thought about it all day & I am still thinking about it. Life just does not get much better than this, we are having a BOY!

Last night the HOTY was out in the garage, so I walked outside and asked if he wanted to be a guest on my blog. He looked at me and began laughing hysterically and ask, "are you serious"? Of course I was serious...what better person to tell the world about our son, but his Daddy. I was not surprised when I read what he chose to share...as I have said many times in the past, he is some kind of WONDERFUL! One of the best parts about yesterday was watching him when they focused in and announced, "it looks like we have a boy". To be honest, I think he is still in shock and a very proud Daddy to say the least.

We wasted no time after learning that our sweet baby was a boy, we had to pick up a couple little things we found for this little guy. His Daddy just loved this little sailboat shirt.

I must admit, it is a little strange that everything is not PINK! However, these little romper outfits were so cute and I love newborns in gowns, so these came home with me .

We visited a little shop called the Nest & Cot to look at some bedding and I stumbled upon this little outfit that Gavin Thomas Frazier will wear home from the hospital. This is the exact same thing Emma came home in, but it is the boy version (hers had tiny little flowers on it). Originally I wanted my children to come home in Feltman Brothers outfits like we did, however they do not make long gowns for newborns anymore, so we had to find something else. I wanted something that was heirloom quality, so I found this brand when I was searching for Emma's coming home outfit and I fell in love with it. The store where we purchased hers has since gone out of business, so I never dreamed we would find one for Gavin. We were so excited and immediately had to buy it for our little man. The set included the blanket, gown and shorts. You truly would have to see this in person to appreciate all the detail and how delicate it is...it has little embroidered planes and trains on it. I am hoping that one day my sweet babies can bring their babies home in these.

Here is one a little closer up so you can get a better idea. It is trimmed in blue and oh so beautiful. I can not wait to hold him and see his sweet little face. Oh, I am already so in love!


Here is the "itty bitty" in the girl version of the outfit before we left the hospital. I am looking forward to having these framed one day soon.

We are so BLESSED and there is no better word to describe how I feel right now. I look forward to all the days ahead and I just can't wait for the 4th Frazier to get here and make our family complete.

6 comments:

Darla DiStefano said...

I love the outfits! The "coming home" attire is beautiful! Can't wait to see the new little Frazier!

Lianna Knight said...

Ahhh Laura...this was the sweetest post EVER! I can only imagine how happy you are :) The outfit is just too adorable and I know he will be the sweetest little thing, just like his big sister!!

Congrats! I know this is what you have been praying for :)

MiMi said...

You truly are blessed! The coming home outfit is just the sweetest thing ever. I can only imagine how beautiful Gavin Thomas Frazier will be in that!

Your husband did an amazing job on his post. He really must be some kind of wonderful!

Congratulations to you both (and to Miss Emma). I couldn't be more happy for you!

Jennifer said...

Yay! Even though we have only had two weeks with Brody, we think boys are WONDERFUL!

Congratulations! I know you will enjoy the next 20 weeks as you plan for little Gavin to arrive. And I love his little outfits! So precious!

Jessica said...

CUTE stuff!!!

Melissa said...

What a precious coming home outfit! I am with you..I love the little gowns. I think they are so sweet. We plan to have lots of gowns for our little ones coming too. Love the outfits! It will be so fun to buy blue, but such a change. ;0)