Friday, May 6, 2011

Double Bubble Trouble!

These TWO sure make life worthwhile for me as a MOMMY!  No matter how tired I might be, how stressed I can become or what I have going on, these TWO can ALWAYS put a smile on my face and remind me that God is in charge of all things. 


How to Really Love Motherhood
 
Remember to breathe. Deeply & often. Name
those feelings as they fly through your heart.
When your children are beastly & scream I HATE
YOU (& they will) think of the warm sweetness
of their tiny bodies when they were just
new.THIS TOO SHALL PASS & far too quickly.
Let the dishes pile up & have a party instead.
Laugh A LOT. Go puddle jumping & cloud busting.
Build forts & climb trees. Spend rainy days in
bed snuggling & sunny days outside adventuring.
Sing loudly & off-key. Dance like MANIACS!
Butterfly kisses & bear hugs cure broken
hearts.Tell them they can be ANYTHING.
Tell yourself too. Now believe it.
And don’t forget to breathe......

I woke up this morning to this sweet reminder from a dear friend that put a smile on my face and joy in my heart.  I needed this reminder and hung onto the words as I read every last one of them.   Some of these things come easy to me as a Mommy and others are more difficult.  One thing is for sure, the time is flying by and I do not want to miss a single thing.  I want my kids to always look back and recall vivid memories of our home being a fun place to be that was filled with love.  A home where they were allowed to play and have as many friends over as we had seat belts to go around in the car.  A home where they were allowed to paint, chase one another, scream and if they brought mud in from outside it was okay.  A home where they were hugged more than they ever wished, praised more than they needed, encouraged to dream of the impossible and loved like there was no tomorrow! 

1 comment:

Gulley Gang said...

Oh my goodness, that is the BEST photo EVER! Love it, love it, love it! I enjoy every little moment you share :)