Thursday, November 3, 2011

32 months of Wildness

This little smile speaks for itself, doesn't it?   Words can not begin to describe how much energy is jam packed inside this little body that RUNS everywhere he goes and NEVER slows down from sun up till sun down.


If you think I am kidding, come on over and you will be worn out before he even gets started. As I type this  he sits next to me licking ice cream off the table pretending to be a puppy.  Or perhaps you can contact his MDO teacher who sent the following write up home recently.  I must admit that I laughed hysterically when I saw this and I continue to laugh  every time I see it.  Not sure if I laugh because he reminds me so much of myself or if I am laughing because I wonder, what's next? 



The truth is, this boy makes me BELLY LAUGH all the time.  I seriously have to hide my face in my shirt and turn my back daily because I never want him to know I am laughing at some of the things he does.  In spite of the fact that I am exhausted at the end of every single day, I would not trade one single thing about him.  I ask Curtis weekly, "can you really imagine Gavin being any other way then the way he is, seriously? He would not be Gavin if he were any different."  He often looks at me like I am crazy and replies, "No, I really can't". 

You are currently wearing a size 2T/3T in clothes, size 6 in diapers, size 8/9 in shoes, weigh 36 lbs and are 38 inches tall.  You are built exactly like my Daddy and act just like him too. You are still a wonderful sleeper, but are lacking in the nutrition department.  You would live off of slice bread, pizza, cheese and yogurt if we would let you.


Happy 32 month old Birthday Gavin Thomas.  We love you so much and appreciate the rowdy-ness you bring to our home.  You have taught us to love harder, laugh more often and that we are not always in control, for that I am thankful.  Your smile and your zest for life give me a new reason to smile every single day!  Thank you for being the Son I have always wanted, I will always love you!

No comments: