Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pictures of IKE & Normalcy

After 13 days I have returned to work and I am feeling a little bit of normalcy this morning. I can not wait for our lives to be completely back to normal. We are beyond ready for our power to be restored and for the "itty bitty" to be back in her nursery where she is most comfortable.

Upon returning to work this morning, these pictures were in an email I received from a colleague. My heart breaks when I look at these and for all the families that are experiencing grief and loss in Galveston and surrounding communities.




They are allowing the residents of Galveston to enter the island today to assess the damages to their homes and property. Please pray for these poor people today and for their safety as they return. My prayer for each of them is that God will bring them through this more abundantly blessed then they were before IKE made his appearance.

I had a Drs. appointment last week and all is well with the 4th Frazier. My initial test came back from the chromosome disorder testing and everything looks great. Even though I am 36, Dr Irwin was more than pleased with these results and does not recommend that I have an amniocentesis, unless I just really want one. I mean who really wants one, right? We are scheduled to have an Ultrasound on October 16th to find out if we will be blessed with another baby girl or baby boy. We will be happy and content with whatever God chooses to send our way. I am updating my baby website weekly, so that is where I journal about the 4th Frazier. I have chosen to keep that up and running, because I can save that information on disc, just as I did for Miss Emma.
I am at work, so I better get busy...lots to do.


5 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so glad the tests came back positive!! Amen! : )

MiMi said...

Laura Ann,
I am so sorry to hear that you are still without power! I cannot even imagine how difficult that must be! The pictures of the Galveston area are absolutely heart breaking!

So happy to hear that you received a great report on your 4th Frazier! How exciting!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment. I hope that your power is restored soon and you can have a home-cooked meal!

Lianna Knight said...

I'm glad all is well....I'm praying for you and your electricity...I'm sure Little Emma is SO ready to be back at home :)

Blessings!

In His Army said...

Congratulations for the 4th Frazier on the way! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I loved looking at all your photographs of your little one--so sweet!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad to hear that all is well in your world and that the baby is doing good. I cannot wait to find what sex the next addition to our large family will be. I am just praying for healthy and happy! Kiss Emma for me.

love you!