Tuesday, January 20, 2009

19 Months Old

Our sweet baby girl turned 19 months old last Thursday and I am just getting around to posting her pictures for several reasons that I will share with you later. We celebrated the way we do every month by taking her picture and singing Happy Birthday to her. Oh, and I baked her some chocolate chip cookies which she loved (you know the real fancy break and bake kind).

It is unbelievable to us that she is already this big. I always think that I don't want her to change or get any bigger, but I must admit that every age is my favorite. She is constantly changing so much and her "giant" personality comes out more and more everyday. I have said it before and I will say it again, this kid is funny and keeps us laughing. I am not talking giggling, I am talking belly laughing ~ it is something new every day with her.

There are so many things that she has learned to do this past month and her vocabulary is out of control these days, in a good way (of course). She probably says between 300-350 words and repeats and will say anything she hears. She is speaking in complete sentences, can tell us her full name, can count to 8, spell her name out loud, identify all her animals and the sounds they make, knows her brothers name and that he is a boy, loves to dance, enjoys reading, putting puzzles together, playing with her kitchen, mothering her dolls, putting on lotion & chap stick, playing outside and playing with our dog.

Our lives have forever been blessed and changed by this "Itty Bitty". She is an awesome kid and we could not ask for more. We are so proud to be your Mommy & Daddy.
We only have 42 days left before Baby Gavin gets here and we have been devoting all of our time to Miss Emma. This is one of the reasons I have not been blogging, I am loving on my first born all I can before the 4th Frazier arrives. It is hard for me to think about sharing my time or spending less time with Emma. We have worked really hard to prepare her for Gavin's arrival and have prayed that the transition will come easy for her when he gets here. I know she will be fine and love him so much, but it still has me a little concerned. I never want her to think she is less important to us or that Gavin has taken her place. Trust me sweet girl, no one will EVER take your place. Gavin is going to be a beautiful addition to our family and we are counting the days to hold him in our arms.
As a matter of fact, Emma will be attending a sibling class at the hospital this weekend where they will help prepare her for Gavin's arrival and give her a hospital tour. We are really looking forward to this and seeing how she reacts. We have also been reading a book to her called, "I'm a Big Sister". She loves to run around the house calling herself big sister. Yes, we have the book memorized because she makes us read it about 8 times every night.
Please continue to lift those up in your prayers daily that are struggling and facing difficult times.

6 comments:

Tristan said...

She is so precious! I'm having a giveaway, if you'd like to enter :)

The Allens said...

I keep forgetting we are due at the same time. Are you so ready to have the baby out of you, or is that just me?

My brother has four kids and they all know they are loved and have their own very special place in the family. The fact that you are concerned about it shows that you'll be fine!

monelle said...

Girl - Emma is GT! That is awesome all the things she can do at such a young age. She may go straight to 1st grade! Love reading about your family! hugs :)

Rebecca Jo said...

She just cuter with each day!

MiMi said...

Oh my word she is adorable! Time goes by so fast, doesn't it? She sounds like she is such a smart little girl. I know you must be so proud of her.

I can hardly believe that it is only 42 days until Gavin's due. I hope that you are continuing to feel well. I cannot wait to see another "Itty Bitty" in the Frazier household! I know he is going to be adorable, too.

Thanks for sharing and tell Miss Emma, "Happy 19 Month Birthday"!

Anonymous said...

Laura,

She is darling. You are such a great mommy. I can't believe it is almost time for Mr. Gavin to be here. Your children are very blessed to have you as their mommy.