Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sunny days & Sneak peek

You would have thought it was summertime around our house today if you would have seen the "itty bitty"...I had to dig her something cool out to wear because it was such a beautiful day. We actually just spent the day around the house, playing in the backyard and strolling through the neighborhood, so it worked out just fine (oh and it was a 12 month outfit~ I could not believe it fit). I took a couple pictures of her today and had to share, because after we played she took a nap and when she woke up her hair was hilarious. We could not stop laughing at what her hair looked like and she thought it was pretty funny too.

She loves to lean against the wall or squat to get her picture taken, I think she is posing.
Enjoying the day outside in the warm weather. Look at how cute those little pig tails are...wait till you see them after nap time.
Oh my, that is some big hair for a little bitty girl.


Thought I would give you a sneak peek at where we are at with Little Gavin's Nursery. We have 2 of the walls painted, the HOTY has been working on it today. Of course he is a major perfectionist, so it takes him a little extra time. However, I am here to tell you it is pretty picture perfect and that is exactly what our sweet boy deserves. The color ended up being a perfect match and we love that it is not your traditional baby boy blue. It sorta "popped" when we put this giraffe in front of it. I think I am liking what I see.

Now, for the other 2 walls...it will be a couple weeks. The HOTY will begin taping them off tomorrow, but he plans on striping them in the pattern you see above (that is a piece of the bedding fabric taped on the wall below). This is just our little test wall we were trying some different things out on. It is going to be a chore for him to get this done, especially with his OCD.
We attempted to hire this job out, but people either refused to do it or they wanted $850.00 to stripe 2 walls and I just could not see spending that kind of money to have 2 walls painted.
Perhaps we are crazy, but Gavin's Daddy is bound and determined that he is going to have striped walls in his nursery. So, if any of you have ever striped walls...we are open for suggestions, ideas or pointers. Keep in mind the $850.00 is not an option.
We also went and bought some bamboo today that we will make into a curtain rod...it is going to be too cute. I can not wait till it is finished, so I can take you on a tour of our JUNGLE!

10 comments:

Mary said...

Cute Cute Cute! I love the striped walls idea! Her hair was priceless--so glad you took a picture! By the looks of things your two kiddos will be very close together in age...mine are too. My second was born when my first was 14 months old. It has been crazy but great :)

The McCormick's said...

We striped two of our little Palmer's room. They are Blue with green stripes! I say we, but in reality my OCD husband did them while I napped on the couch ;) His suggestion for you two was to use a "chalk line" and a level. We live in an older house where the walls are not exact measurments, and this seemed to work perfect for him! After you paint he stripes, the blue chalk line just wipes off with water. Good luck :)

The McCormick's said...

Supposed to say two WALLS of our little Palmers room ;)

monelle said...

It looks great so far! I know the HOTY will do an outstanding job like he did for little Emma.

MiMi said...

Oh my, she looks adorable leaning against the wall with those pigtails! And the picture AFTER nap --priceless!! Hard to believe you would need a sundress in January, isn't it? Glad ya'll got to have a fun day outside in the neighborhood.

I love the color of Gavin's nursery wall and wow, ya'll are ambitious with the striped walls! That sounds like a lot of work, but I am sure that the finished product wil be well worth the extra effort. I loved that giraffe before, but he looks amazing against the painted wall! Can't wait to see the finished nursery. Good luck on the stripes!

Rebecca Jo said...

Look at that crazy hair!!!!

And those colors are awesome! Very befitting a little boy!

Anonymous said...

My girlfriend painted stripes on her nursery & used "Monkey Tape". She swore by it & said she didn't have to do any touch ups at all. Good Luck!

Leah said...

I love the pig tails! She is a doll. I can't wait to see the jungle finished! Your husband is a special man to tackle the striped walls. My only advice is to look at HGTV.com for tips on painting stripes. Good luck Curtis!

Lauren said...

What a cutie pie! Love those pigtails!

Anonymous said...

Love it! :-) I especially love the BIG hair...she gets it from her mama! :-)