Thursday, January 22, 2009

Guess who...

cried when it was time to leave MDO today and was not happy that it was time to go? Yep, you got it...sweet little Emma. Looks like we have come a long way, huh? I was so excited when I heard the news that she actually started crying when it was time to leave today. Remember, this is the kid that cried for months and we almost had to drop out. We actually did switch her schedule where she was only there for 3 hours/2 days a week to try and make her happy. Well, looks as if she had her way with it she would be there more often. Way to go baby girl, we are so proud of you.
I had my 33 week Drs. visit today and all is well and on schedule. The Dr. actually came in and left because he had to go and deliver a baby. He returned about 30 minutes later and woke me up from my nap I was taking and very much needed. He said everything looks great and we are still scheduled for a C Section on March 5th @ 12:00. I politely asked him if it could be any sooner. He just laughed as if I were kidding...hmmm...little does he know, I was serious as could be. I feel huge and I am so much bigger than I was when I had Emma. I am carrying this sweet boy right in the front...looks just like a ball in my stomach. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining and I am so blessed to have had such a healthy pregnancy.
This is a bit personal, but I should tell you that I ask the Dr. today..."Why am I so big?" Of course he said, "oh, you're not, everything is perfect, you are measuring perfect, your weight gain is perfect and your blood pressure is great." That is when I told him...(keep in mind we love our Dr. and have become very close to him over the years) "Well, I put my panties on in the morning and they look like Granny panties and within the hour they have rolled down, crawled up and become a thong." He was dying laughing and told me I should probably stop on the ride home and purchase some new ones. Needless to say, I did stop on the ride home and bought me some new Granny panties ~ I am back in business.

The HOTY has been hard at work on the 4th Frazier's Nursery and it is coming right along. These pictures were taken over the weekend when he began the stripes. I think this has turned out to be alot more work than he ever expected. After he started he called me in there and said, "I now understand why those quotes were so high from those painters, this is alot of work." He is doing a great job and I know it is going to be perfect for our little man once he is done.

This little guy arrived at our house a couple weeks back and the HOTY has big plans to hang him from the ceiling by some vines. Isn't he cute? Emma loves him so much and she decided to pick his nose a couple days after he got here. She kept sticking her finger in his nose saying, "ooh Monkey boogers, yuck!" Poor guy, he is probably ready to be off the floor and up where he belongs to avoid the torture of a 19 month old.

I can not wait to put Gavin in his arms and let the Paparazzi get busy...I am thinking it will make for some really cute pictures.

It will not be too much longer and that little boy will be here, well maybe I should say BIG BOY after my panty purchase today.

7 comments:

monelle said...

too funny Laura! Great job on the walls by the way!

We've Got Scents said...

So thankful for so many answered prayers for all of you Mom's and Mom's to be!
Blessings always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

Amanda said...

Aww...your family is too cute I love reading your posts & I have to say that room looks great!!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Aren't blogs a great place? You can talk freely about granny panties - hehe!!!

Love that monkey too... the 'razzi will for sure want some pictures there!

MiMi said...

That's funny! I can remember my children crying when I picked them up, too! Other people's cried when they dropped them off, but mine...when I picked them up. Used to wonder what the daycare workers thought about me?!?! At least you know she is happy and being well take care of!

Praise the Lord that everything went well at your doctor's appointment! Won't be long before we get to see that precious little boy! Don't you worry for a second about what size you are! You are right where you need to be and you and Gavin are both healthy! I am sure that you are adorable!

Hope you have a blessed weekend!

Love you, sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...I love how his room is coming along! I especially love that monkey! I can't wait to see it when it is complete!

Rebekah said...

I am laughing out loud at your panties!!! Man, I feel your pain! I also know how you feel...March cannot get here soon enough!