Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Only 4 more left...

Thought I would give you guys an update on the walls...only 4 stripes left to do and then the crown molding will be ready to go up. I am very excited to see Gavin's nursery finished, but I must say it has been a looooonnnnnngggg process with these stripes. The HOTY has spent so much time working on these. Our original plan was to stripe 2 walls, but I think the 2nd wall might get painted blue at this point. It is taking so much time because the stripes have to dry for 3-4 days before you can put tape on it to do the next one. That pretty much leaves the weekends only for him to work on it. We are hoping it will be finished up this weekend.

I knew that Gavin's Daddy could do this and do a perfect job. I am so PROUD of him and he is so PROUD of himself.

This is the picture we had Emma finger paint for her LITTLE BROTHER, not sure if we will put it on the striped or the solid wall. We kind of like it on the solid wall best, it adds lots of color.
I just got this back from having Gavin's name added to it, along with a small border & cheetah print on the sides that match his bedding. I love it so much ~ it made me want to cry when I saw it, because of the sentimental value behind it. Emma is so proud of it and just keeps saying, "I paint, I paint." I think it turned out perfect. This picture was taken off one of my students cell phones at school, so it is not the best.
It won't be long now and I will be the Mommy of 2 sweet babies and I can hardly wait. Life is going to be different for us, but I am confident that we can handle it and it is only going to get better!


12 comments:

the boyd girls.... said...

cute pic! What a great idea! Are the letters wooden or painted on there? Very cute!

Katie said...

So neat! I can't wait to see the finished nursery! That's so cute that she fingerpainted that!! She's good! ;o)

Rebecca Jo said...

The picture turned out AMAZING!!!!!! The stripes look fantastic- such a good "boys" look!

Twice as Nice said...

What a great idea! I thought it was a great idea with just the handprints but when you added the name WOW! Love the stripes. Hubby did a WONDERFUL job.

Danielle said...

The picture Emma painted turned out SO CUTE. I love it and it will always be something special. Who did the name and the cheetah print for you? What a great idea. You are so creative. The room is looking AWESOME. Tell the Hoty he's doing a FABULOUS job. Can't wait to see the end result.

Amanda said...

Your son's room is amazing! the picture is neat...great ideas

Rebekah said...

I love the painting and the striped walls! I can't wait to see the nursery finished!

Mommy of a Wild Child said...

Wow! Curtis did a great job! We miss ya'll soooo much! We definetly have to get together! I am sure ready for summer!

Jennifer said...

The wall look awesome and I LOVE Emma's painting!!! I cannot wait to see it finished!

monelle said...

The HOTY did an awesome job on those stripes! I think the one wall of stripes is perfect... and Emma's painting on a solid wall is my vote. (in case you wanted to know ha!) Just about a month away. I am so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! :-) What a great idea to put his name on Emma's piece of art! Who did that for you? I can't wait to see Gavin's room in real life tomorrow when I come over! Curtis amazes me...so meticulous and wonderful! :-)

MiMi said...

I absolutely LOVE Emma's finger paint art! What a great idea! The name and the cheetah print added are just the crowning touches! LOVE IT!