Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The girl finally got a...

...HAIRCUT! It is not as short as I would have liked, but we were so proud that she finally let the scissors get close to her. Might have had something to do with the candy in my bag, promises of Chik Fil A for dinner or something associated with her birthday party. I know we are not suppose to bribe or threaten our kids, but no rules applied to this situation.

Mrs. Julie was so sweet and was prepared with dum dums waiting and a cute little book. I ended up having to hold her in my lap, but it did not bother me one bit.

We kept telling her that Mrs. Julie also cut Brookie's, Tor-Tedra's, Cassi's & CoCo's hair. That kept her interested for a bit and then she was ready to talk about the next thing.

I thought I would be a little sad about it, but I was 100% okay and more then ready to watch the hair hit the floor. Even her Daddy said, she could have gotten a little more cut off. She ended up getting 3-4 inches of stringy baby hair cut off, so now it looks much healthier.

She seemed to be really proud of it and ready to get the candy in her hands.

We came home, washed it and I had to comb it out and get a final picture. This is one more thing Mommy can check off her list.

Thank you Emma for cooperating today and I am sure it will be a piece of cake from now on.

2 comments:

Adventures on the Farm said...

Whooo way to go sweet Emma-- we are soooo proud of you!!!

monelle said...

Yeah for Ms. Julie! She does my hair too Emma! She is great at what she does :) I am so proud of you Emma Lou!