Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy THIRD Birthday, Emma Lou!

Wow ~ the past three years have flown by and it is hard to believe that we are officially the parents of a three year old. You have been reminding us, "I am a three year old now!"

Seems like yesterday when we went to the hospital full of anxiety wondering if we would know how to parent you. We caught on quick and you were such a great little teacher, never letting us miss a beat. Each new day brought something new and we adjusted to your schedule and catered to your every want and need. Lots has changed, but one thing remains the same...our unconditional love for you.

Every day with you gets better and better. I constantly find myself saying, this is my favorite age and months later I am repeating myself. Every single stage with you is so different, yet so enjoyable. It is amazing to see how much you have grown and changed over the last 36 months.

I truly believe that God knew exactly what he was doing when you became our daughter. Everything about you is perfect and all that we dreamed of when we talked of having a baby girl. Your personality is definitely one~of~a~kind, your heart is huge, your smile is contagious, your affection is amazing, your level of comprehension and vocabulary far exceeds your age, your love for animals is admirable, your ability to be a big sister is so sweet and your love for life brings a smile to the faces of so many.

Some random facts about you:

    • You recently had 4 inches cut off your hair (1st haircut)

    • Completed your 2nd year of MDO

    • Enjoy making things, painting or doing any type of craft
    • You love to play pretend and your imagination runs WILD
    • You are very dramatic & expressive in everything you do
    • Potty trained

    • Wear size 4 clothes and size 7 shoe

    • Love to play outside, ride bikes & swing

    • Completed your first year of gymnastics

    • Love your cousins so much

    • Sleep with a stuffed dog every night (white dog)

    • You are obsessed with the color PINK

    • Talk about being a Firefighter everyday

    • Favorite food is Chik Fil A

    • Still love to watch Caillou and Noddy

    • Brush your own teeth and get yourself dressed

    • Pray before every meal

    • Always say, Yes ma'am/sir, No ma'am/sir, Thank you, Please or Ma'am (rarely need reminded)

    • Madly in love with our dog Beamer

    • Started sleeping in a full size bed in a big girl room

    • Have begged non stop for a PINK Nintendo Ds

    • 3 best friends are Tori, Lizzie & Brook

    • You love to be a helper no matter what you are helping with

    • Chatter nonstop and always need an explanation for everything

    • Currently have 2 pet frogs that Grandma gave you for Easter

    • You love Jesus and talk about him constantly

    • Favorite song is Our God is an Awesome God

    • Sleep all night long and rarely get out of your bed

    • You tell us about 10 times a day that you love us

    • You are extremely outgoing

    • Enjoy going to the Bulldog school and watching the sporting events
Rise and Shine, it's your Birthday! Daddy & I woke you up this morning by entering your room with a PINK sprinkle donut, PINK milk and PINK candles while we sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY. You have chosen to go to Olive Garden for your birthday dinner and to Baskin Robbins for a sprinkle ice cream cone and some PINK ice cream. We hope you have a "PINKALICIOUS" day!

Happy Birthday to you Emma Caroline, we love you so much and look forward to celebrating YOU for many more years. Continue to put Jesus first, love your family, adore your cousins, protect your baby brother and cherish your friendships. Our hope for you is that life will always excite you like it does today and that you always pay attention to the "little things" in life, that so often put a smile on your face.

Our life has been so blessed because we have gotten to share it with you and call you our daughter and big sister. You are an amazing little girl, with a personality that can change the world. Thank you so much for all the JOY you have brought into our lives. You will never know how much we love you, as you would say...ALOT!

Happy THIRD Birthday, we love you so much!

***Daddy left the following in a comment for you and there was no way I could not include it in the post for the book we are having made (since comments will not be printed).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ~ EMMA LOU!

It's hard to believe that it has been 3 YEARS since you gave me the most important and rewarding job of my life, being your Daddy. From the first time I saw you on the ultrasound screen to the moment that I actually laid eyes on you, I knew that our lives were to be forever blessed by the gift of you!

There is not a day that goes by that your loving spirit & uniquely funny sense of humor does not remind me of all that is good in the world. I can not possibly count all the little things that I love about you, but oh how I love you! One thing that comes to mind, when we ask you if you are a Mommy’s Girl or a Daddy’s Girl, you Always reply “I’m a Mommy’s Girl & Daddy’s Girl, I am both of yours Girl”. You are one of the sweetest little girls I have ever known and you, my baby girl, make me more proud than I could ever put into words. I cherish the fact that you always want to be where I am and be my “Big Helper” in anything I am doing. I love how you tell us you love us 10 times a day! I look forward to opening the door when I get home to hear your sweet voice yell “Daddy is home” and come running to me. The last three years have given me more than I could have expected or asked for. I cannot wait to see what this life has in store for you, I know that it will be Great! You, my Emma Lou, are the very meaning of a blessing (one which I am thankful for everyday)! I hope that today (& everyone to follow) that your day is full of love, joy and happiness!

Happy 3rd Birthday Emma Lou!

I Love You With My Whole Heart,Daddy

5 comments:

Deidra said...

Ok so the June 15th is actually Emma's birthday right? From reading your blog a have gained the knowledge that she is a sweet little girl and you are right they grow up fast. It's Kennedy Grace's second birthday in July. Any suggestions on what we can buy for her gifts?

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ~ EMMA LOU!

It's hard to believe that it has been 3 YEARS since you gave me the most important and rewarding job of my life, being your Daddy. From the first time I saw you on the ultrasound screen to the moment that I actually laid eyes on you, I knew that our lives were to be forever blessed by the gift of you!

There is not a day that goes by that your loving spirit & uniquely funny sense of humor does not remind me of all that is good in the world. I can not possibly count all the little things that I love about you, but oh how I love you! One thing that comes to mind, when we ask you if you are a Mommy’s Girl or a Daddy’s Girl, you Always reply “I’m a Mommy’s Girl & Daddy’s Girl, I am both of yours Girl”. You are one of the sweetest little girls I have ever known and you, my baby girl, make me more proud than I could ever put into words. I cherish the fact that you always want to be where I am and be my “Big Helper” in anything I am doing. I love how you tell us you love us 10 times a day! I look forward to opening the door when I get home to hear your sweet voice yell “Daddy is home” and come running to me. The last three years have given me more than I could have expected or asked for. I cannot wait to see what this life has in store for you, I know that it will be Great! You, my Emma Lou, are the very meaning of a blessing (one which I am thankful for everyday)! I hope that today (& everyone to follow) that your day is full of love, joy and happiness! Happy 3rd Birthday Emma Lou!

I Love You With My Whole Heart,
Daddy

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET EMMA!!! You bring such a smile to our faces every time that we see you!!! I cannot wait for you to one day take Brynlee by the hand and be a loving older cousin example to her!!! You are such a joy Emma Lou and we love you sweet girl!!! As Mommy said...have a "Pinkalicious" day!!!!

Gulley Gang said...

What a fabulous post, mommy! Happy Birthday beautiful girl. You are one lucky lady to have such a great mommy and daddy!

monelle said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Emma!