Wednesday, December 19, 2012

MDO Christmas Program

Tonight we attended Gavin's MDO Christmas Program at the Church and it was wonderful.   Gavin was super excited at home when he talked about it and he kept singing a song about Santa's big belly.
 
 
The bribe of a Starburst let me get a few pictures of him, he is not one for having his picture taken these days.  He loves to tell me, "that's enough Mom, that's enough!"
 
 
This boy loves his Daddy more than anything in the world, his favorite person by far.  He does not like to be away from Curtis and when he gets home every evening he is all over him.

 
Mommy managed to squeeze him while Daddy took a picture of us together.  I love his sweet little face and the fact that he is all boy.

 
We headed towards Church and when we arrived he was sound asleep. Uh oh, I knew it was not going to be good because he was exhausted.  Believe it or not, he woke up and he was in a pretty good mood but still exhausted.


Gavin's school is an amazing little place.  I am not sure I have ever witnessed people love their work and their kids as much as these women do. 

Their Christmas fundraiser this year was a silent auction for these adorable cookie jars that they made.

 
I loved the one from Gavin's class, but we left early and the bid when we left was over $100. Trust me they will end up being auctioned off for about $300-$500 each, if not more. This one had little candy pops with each kids name in his class on it, SUPER CUTE!
 
 
This is our first year at this MDO, so we did not know what to expect.  All I can say is WOW, they loaded about 100+ kids on this stage.   Gavin is in the center waving at us, red sweater and green shirt. Things seemed to be going well until the little girl in the creme dress beside him clapped and accidentally hit him.  No hesitation at all, in front of everyone he slapped her back (that BOY, he is a mess!). 
 
 
Gavin lasted for about 5 songs and he had enough.  We loved watching him sing and participate, it was the cutest thing ever.   I think it was just too late because he was stretching and yawning up there in between songs.
 

This is my attempt to get a picture of all the sweet babies loaded on the stage.  They even had the babies loaded in the buggies down front.  I love this place!

 
Enough is enough!  Find my sweet boy, yep that is him with his arms stretched out crying and screaming, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy."  His teacher noticed him and called him over to her, but he was D.O.N.E.   I made eye contact with her and she sent him to me.  
 

Gavin, we were so PROUD of you tonight and enjoyed watching you for the first half of the show.  You did such a great job and your favorite song to sing was, Go Tell It On the Mountain.   We love you so much and you keep us laughing constantly buddy.  I am looking forward to your class party tomorrow at MDO.   

No comments: