Friday, August 22, 2008

The 4th Frazier has a Name...

After many late night talks, lots of list, searching books and websites...we have finally picked out 2 names that we both agree on and like for our baby that is on the way. For some reason it has been much harder to pick out a name for this baby then it was for Emma Caroline. Especially with me being an educator, because I constantly think of kids I have encountered in the past. There were many names that I immediately had to mark off because of students that just did not leave good impressions on me. Then there are the names of neighbors, co-workers, friends, family and friends of friends that you have to mark of the list also. When we talk about names, we constantly keep in mind that they are not going to stay little forever and we want our children to be able to have adult names that are appropriate as well. Then there are those people that combine names too...but we did not think Laurtis or Curura would be too cute either. Needless to say...the search was long and daily we would look over list and talk about names. For any of you that know the HOTY, he is very witty...so he would think of every way possible that they could be made fun of or what other kids would joke with them about if we gave them certain names. I would list those, but I don't want to offend anyone...so we will keep them to ourselves (you can only imagine). I guess you can say the HOTY is responsible for first names in our picks and I am responsible for the middle names. I know that the Paparazzi (Darla) will call me immediately when she reads this post and she will either say something like this, "Oh, I love them" or "Please don't name them that". I can always count on her to keep it real with me. So here we go....if you like them, feel free to share a comment...if not, follow your Mama's advice...if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Elyse Claire
or
Gavin Thomas
Elyse is Hebrew and means my God is an oath and Claire means famous.
Gavin is Celtic and means little hawk and Thomas is a biblical name and was also my Dad's first name. We thought this would be a great way to honor him, while keeping his memory alive.
Now we will wait patiently until we find out if it will be a boy or a girl. I really think the HOTY is hoping for a son. He has been on his laptop searching boy bedding all last night and he is back at it again this morning. He is in hot pursuit of some Firetruck vintage bedding...many of you probably do not know...but he went through the Fire Academy after High School and is a State Certified Firefighter, however he never pursued that career.
Needless to say, I have a feeling if it is a boy...he will be the Lead Decorator around here.

3 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

Love love love BOTH names. Emma and Elyse---I especially like this combo :) I am hoping for a boy for you guys, but for some reason I just have a feeling it will be another girl! Either way, you both are blessed!

I can't wait to start seeing the nursery ideas. How much longer till you find out whether Baby #2 will be a boy or a girl? I'm dying over here!!!

Blesssings!

Darla DiStefano said...

Of course we love it...it's from your heart! :-)

Chelsa said...

love the names! i found you off of kelly's blog! we are due 2 days apart (i'm due march 16!). it has also been much harder for us this time around to pick a name! i think we finally have it settled though! we find out october 14th & i can't wait! we have one little boy that is 3 1/2 and i'm feeling that it is another little boy, but my hubby thinks it's a girl :) and brycen (our little boy) only wants a girl! oh dear!