Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Drama Queen & Shoe Inventory

Okay, so last week when I went to the Dr. for my check up I had to go alone because the HOTY had a visitor in his office that he could not get away from. I must admit, it was a little lonely without him and the "itty bitty". When we all got home that afternoon, I was so excited to share the ultra sound pictures with them. The picture below shows you exactly how Emma felt about it. She immediately started screaming and crying and trying to crumble it up. The truth is...I don't really think that was the issue, but it sure was funny when she did it.

Here is Emma and her cousin Camryn when we went to lunch last weekend. They were so cute riding down the road side by side. They have not really done this before...it is just alot of trouble to move car seats around, but today the HOTY moved our seat out of our car to the truck so they could enjoy each others company. I kept looking back there thinking...oh my goodness this is what our life is going to be like soon with 2 little ones. It is going to be lots of work, but we are looking forward to it.

We go tomorrow for the orientation at the little school my baby is suppose to start next week, so I thought I better do inventory of her clothes, bows and shoes. Well, I think we are going to be just fine and there is no need to run out and purchase anything. The bows are out of control, the clothes are bulging in the closet and my child that prefers to go barefoot has 10 pairs of shoes. Which ones are your favorites?I was talking to my friend Tedra the other day on my drive home and I was sharing with her that I had mixed feelings and reservations about Emma starting this little school. I started saying....well, I am worried about her eating lunch there...are they going to help her...she can't open a lunch kit alone...uh, what about when they sit her at a table...she will crawl to the other end to get the juice cup or snack of another kid...what about her nap...then I had to admit...I am also worried about her losing her bows, getting stains all over her clothes and coming home with one shoe...I know, I know...that is bad. I have even read The Last Lecture...and I am worried about STUPID stuff like that...shame on me! The truth is... I should be thankful that we are able to attend this little school that has a 2 year waiting list, I should laugh about the missing bows, cherish the stained clothes and let her wear mismatched shoes if she looses one. After all, we are blessed and healthy...that in itself is all that matters.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your statement "the bows are out of control" is DEFINITELY and understatment! :-) I've submitted your name to the Guinness Book of World Records...the most bows owned by a child! HA! :-)

Darla DiStefano said...

that picture of Emma is hilarious! A girl after my heart...throwing those fits! HA!

I'm tagging you...see my blog for details. Hope you will play along!

Lianna Knight said...

The temper tantrum was HILARIOUS...I never thought that precious baby had any of those.

I love the black shoes with polka dots...the ones with bows are cute.

Can a baby have too many bows??? I don't think so!

monelle said...

If I know you Laura, you will have an inventory sheet of what she goes to school in and what she comes home in... LOL

I love the Black shoes with the poka dots. I am sure she has an outfit that coordinates perfectly with it! Now, Ms. Lorraine would be very happy to see those cute pink shoes!!!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.