Saturday, August 2, 2008

Celebrating New Life

It is with great joy that we prepare to go to a baby shower tomorrow to "CELEBRATE NEW LIFE" that God is blessing Dwain and Marla with in less than 6 weeks. Dwain is Curtis' first cousin and they have grown up and remained very close over the years. We are all anticipating the arrival of Miss Peyton Sterling Carnes soon. While the girls are showering Marla with lots of love and gifts, the boys are headed to the course for a round of golf and fun.

Peyton is going to be one very special little girl that brings lots of love, hope and laughter into the lives of Marla and Dwain that they both so deserve and have longed for. It will be a very happy day for all of us in the Carnes family to see the two of them hold that sweet little girl when she is born.

Marla & Dwain lost their first born child Sterling Scott Carnes in a drowning accident in March 2007. The HOTY and I talk about it all the time and we still can not believe that Sterling is gone. We all miss him very much.

Sterling with his Daddy & Mommy

Me & Sterling dancing at my Wedding

In spite of all that Dwain and Marla have been through in the past year and 5 months, they still have the best attitude and outlook on life. Marla is one of the sweetest and most thoughtful people I have ever met in my life and she is constantly doing for others. I will never forget how hard it was for me to have my baby shower in April, one month after Sterling had gone to be with the Lord. My heart was still breaking for Marla and everyone was still grieving for Sterling. However, my wonderful Mother-in-Law insisted that we have my shower and there was sweet Marla sitting right in front of me the whole time filled with joy for me and excited about Emma's arrival. She helped hand me every gift, talked to me and explained how wonderful each item was going to be and how much I would use and love it. I was just amazed by her strength and faith. I must admit... if I would have been walking in her shoes, I would have been buried under the covers in my bed still...but no, there she was "CELEBRATING NEW LIFE" with me.

So today, the "itty bitty" and I wanted to do something extra special for Marla, so we took on a little project. We decided to make our own gift bags. Emma got to finger paint all the gift bags today and it was exciting to watch her as the HOTY captured the moment.

We started out with Pink Paint

We attempted to put hand prints all over the bag

Cleaning up in the sink...she had so much fun

I decided to put the Polka dots on after Emma finished painting

We look forward to "CELEBRATING NEW LIFE" with Marla & Dwain tomorrow and can not wait to meet Peyton soon.

As a family we have so much to be thankful for... especially me...I inherited the most amazing family when I married the HOTY. These people have taken me in and loved me as if they have known me my entire life and not one day goes by that I do not Thank God for the gift he has given me when it comes to the Carnes family.

God has been very good to all of us this year... with the arrival of Peyton, Melissa & Sean's pregnancy and our pregnancy. We will have babies everywhere soon. While we will continue to CELEBRATE and be thankful, we will never forget the 2 little lives that left way too soon.

Hailey & Sterling ~ You will always be missed, forever loved and never forgotten!

No comments: