Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Favorite & Great News

As I have shared previously, our Christmas photo session this year was a challenge with a 17 month old strong willed child. However, our wonderful photographer managed to get some good shots of the "itty bitty" despite her lack of cooperation. This just happens to be one of my favorites. This picture could put a SMILE on my face any day of the week.

Now for the GREAT news. I had my diabetes testing done at the first of the week and I am so excited to report that I have KISSED DIABETES GOOD~BYE! The Dr. called yesterday and reported that all of my test looked wonderful. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with Emma and I really wanted to avoid that this time.

I have really been praying about this for a while now. To be honest with you, when I did my test I prayed over the blood, my Mom met me there and did the same and we even asked the Nurse to pray over it. Needless to say, I screamed yesterday when they called and told me I was good to go!

So I will be cleaning the cabinet out when I get home today and throwing that machine, alcohol swabs, testing strips, lancets and anything else associated with Gestational Diabetes in the TRASH! Oh, and I am not usually one that needs to be patted on the back...but I am so PROUD of ME!

Now, we will just wait patiently for our sweet & healthy baby BOY to arrive!


10 comments:

Katie said...

That's great on the gest. diab. news! A couple of my girlfriends have had to go through all that, and I know how not fun it is.

And that picture is ADORABLE! That outfit is too cute for words...I love the shoes! Precious, precious, precious! Our Christmas card photo session was SOOO hard, too. She cried, and then I thought I was going to because it was so hard...haha! (And I am not a big crier...) But we lucked out with a few, thank goodness!

Darla DiStefano said...

YEAH!

monelle said...

That is awesome! I am so proud of you! And Miss Emma is too too cute! Darla gets the best shots!

Kelly said...

Yeah for no diabetes!!!!
And Emma looks sooooooo cute in those pictures -they are great!

Rebecca Jo said...

Fantastic news!!!!

And that picture is the cutest thing ever... a picture perfect model! I'm sure you had no problems getting that shot (hehe!) - but how cute is that face, & smile, & dress & shoes... everything is too dang cute!

His Doorkeeper said...

So proud of you and such good news of not diabetes! That is so great!

Emma is just decked out and looks so cute for her Christmas card!
Such a cutie! Love those little shoes!

Lianna Knight said...

GREAT news Laura!! I know how hard that was for you when you were pregnant with Emma...Tedra told me so many stories about the specific things you had to eat, etc.

And I agree...that pic of the Itty Bitty put a smile on my face too :)

Danielle said...

That is super exciting news to hear about NO Gest. Diabetes.
You have got to tell me all the cute places you shop at for Emma. She has the most precious outfits. My sis in law used to own a children's clothing store so I would go to market with her and pick stuff out but I haven't seen cute stuff like that anywhere. Let me know your secret shops.

Bamawhitney said...

Hi--I found your blog from Kelly's Korner and just have to say your little girl is so adorable! I have been enjoying your song list at work today and I was so happy to hear "Beautiful Life", which I had heard on those TLC commercials. I love that song!

MiMi said...

Praise The Lord! I am so thankful that He answered all the prayers about the Diabetes!

Laura Ann, the picture of Emma is adorable! I love the way her eyes just light up when she smiles! That picture could bring a smile to anyone's face any day of the week! PRECIOUS!